Monday, July 28, 2008

California Fishing (and sweet body boarding) Trip










On July 25th I made a trip to So. Cal with my Brother-in-law's Sandy and Trevis. We had it all planned out... good eats, great weather, beach and a boat! It was a boys weekend for sure! On Saturday we enjoyed bodyboarding in Santa Monica and lunch at Duke's in Malibu. Later that evening Sandy and I enjoyed viewing "Dark Knight" in Marina Del Ray, what an awesome movie (I went later and saw it with Tara also, it was that good). Sunday was the big fishing day on the "Spitfire" out of Redondo Beach. Trevis was a bit of a girl, he was afraid of getting sea sick and Sandy was chomping at the bit to go. 4:30 am came very fast, that was when we hit the road to the boat dock. We took the 3/4 day boat to Catalina Island and fished for Calico Bass, Bonito, Barracuda and whatever else wanted to bite the line. I opted out of the jackpot for the "largest catch of the day" and then caught the largest fish! Darn it! It would have paid for the boat ride that day! All in all we had fun on the boat, I fell asleep and burnt the left side of my face and arm ha! We were worn out from the day and retired early to the hotel. Monday we had some breakfast in Hollywood at Dupar's and hit the road home.

No comments: