We all know about dogs right? Man's best friend, loyal, protective and always happy to greet you when you arrive home. Those are the usual instances of why a person loves their dog. Let me share with you why I love my dogs so very much.
When I invite them to do something with me they are more than excited to join me. They don't wait around for something better to come along. Neither of them have to ask each other if they can "spend" some time with me, they just do it because they are there own selves. They are committed from the very beginning showing no sign of hesitation.
When I "ask" them to help me do something, although they are not "hands-on" they do help by giving moral support by standing or sitting next to me until the task is complete. They don't complain or adjust thier agenda to by-pass your "asking" them to help. "Oh! I'm sorry, I promised Koda that I would dig up that bone for him" or "Sorry, I can't help you out, I have some sleeping to do".
If they are in need of food, water, potty or just a bit of attention they ask politely with a simple nudge or by doing a little "circle" in front of you. They never wait until the last minute or put me out by asking for things that are beyond my abilities to provide.
After I have obliged them with their needs they are always there to thank me with a lick to my hand or muzzle on my knee showing that cute puppy dog face. They are thankful, they may not say: "Thank You" but the do show it in a way they know how.
Neither of my dogs care at all about who I talk to, where I've been, what I wore that day, what I drive (unless the window doesn't go down), where I work or what kind of friends I keep. All that matters is that I make it home safely and treat them with the same respect they treat me with.
Thanks for showing me how to live Sunshine & Koda. You are great role models!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dogs are wonderful friends to have! You can tell them your deepest darkest secrets and they'll never tell a soul. :)
Lacy
Post a Comment